Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 10:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, John Fieber wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

[SNIP]

> Has anyone tried any of the MS keyboard inspired clones?  Micro
> Warehouse sells a "Tru-Form" keyboard made by Adesso that look
> almost identical except it has a "eraser" mouse between the
> keyboard halves.  Its about half the price of the MS unit, but a
> keyboard is not something I'll buy without trying out first.  I
> have not found any dealers with display.

I tried the "Tru-Form"keyboard. The ergonomics were quite nice - almost no
difference from the Microsoft keyboard. Unfortunately, however, the keys
didn't "feel" right... not enough posistive feedback from the key press. I
hate mushy keyboards, so I couldn't deal with this thing. I'd still be
using a 4 year old IBM model M if they didn't kill my wrists. The
Microsoft natural is a good keyboard. My wrists love it and it's a dream
for touch typists. I'm happy. Too bad it wasn't IBM that made it though!!

Plus, it's quite reasonable price - an old IBM will run you $75, it's only
an extra $10-15 for the natural..

-Mark

 :%t$sig   -- Oops, thought I was in vi..
| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |