Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:46:38 -0700
From:      "Milo Hyson" <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
To:        "Wes Kurdziolek" <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>, "Ely Levy" <elylevy@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        <freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: New freebsd mirror

Depends on what you are mirroring. My company just set up a CVSup mirror of
the source tree. Got the following from du:

	18833   ./CVSROOT
	443     ./distrib
	83195   ./doc
	185546  ./ports
	836442  ./src
	21064   ./www
	1145524 .

The biggest surprise however was the CPU load. The pre-compiled binary of
cvsupd from the ports collection taxes a nearly-idle P2-400 quite a bit.
Just one client connection brought the CPU load up to about 12%. I figure it
must be something to do with the Modula-3 implementation, because the
server's other tasks (BIND, Apache, PHP, Qmail, PostgreSQL) do a lot of work
and the CPU rarely goes above 2%.

- Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC