Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:18:59 +0100
From:      michael <michael@nettmail.de>
To:        Russell Sutherland <russ@madhaus.cns.utoronto.ca>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw fwd question

Hello Russell,

i hope you and the other questioneers can wait a little bit.

I would create an Webpage with answers to all the questions,
that i can understand and solve.

I create an Page with sample Scripts for many
Problems, also the Problems to undestanding the dnat (fwd)
from ipfw, these Pages also includes then piping with ipfw
for bandwith-limitation and QOS-like queueing with Traffic-weight's.

I become very happy if one or two Persons can collect the questions
for me so i can me concentrate to writing the answers and the sample
scripts.

At this Time i can not forwarding any Script from me, while these
scripts contains confidential data and have no comment's!.

So i first must rewrite an commenting these Script's to
explain how ipfw works.

On the other hand i must a little thinking about what is
recomended, useful and required.

p.e. to use the fwd option from ipfw you must compile your
own kernel......  i think you understand what i mean.

I post this message also on the ipfw-mailin-list that others
can see my work and can contact me.

so on, i bee a little bit busy....and must working :-)

If i not reciving messages from interests, so i would Post
an message on this Mailin-list and on the stable-list so that
you only must take a look on this list...if you or the others are
to busy.

ups, i have forgotten to sa first i must remake my own Firewall,
these was crashed this night at 3:50....

only to see what FreeBSD makes possible:
this crashed Firewall was:
PI 200MHz-MMX
128MB RAM
2G-root-disk
512MB-Swap-disk ;-)) not really used but better is it
Running:
sendmail
bind(named)
squid
thttp
ppp-subscriber
ISDN-Answerbox
ISDN-ROUTING (DSL-backup)

I know no other OS that makes this possible (except *BSD)
with Linux i have many trouble to install the os,
the Processor was too outdated.....;-)))

also......FreeBSD makes you happy!

best regards

Michael