Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:20:03 -0500
From:      "mirrors tds.net" <mirrors@tds.net>
To:        "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cvsup & cvsupd on Linux

After lots of digging and recompiling it appears to finally work.  We will
be able to maintain services.  I expect our mirror server will migrate to
the new hardware early next week.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Simon L. B. Nielsen <simon@freebsd.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM, mirrors tds.net <mirrors@tds.net> wrote:
> > Hi List, Is there anyone who can help on this?  I am receiving pressure
> > from management, and if I cannot get this working we will have to bring
> > down cvsup8.freebsd.org until both ports & src are brought into
> subversion.
> >
> > I have captured gdbs to send to the cm3 mailing list but yet to hear back
> > (I emailed them today so no response yet) I am currently running RHEL
> 5.8,
> > 64bit
> >
> > Any sort of help or insight is appreciated, I am unable to run a freebsd
> > box in this environment.  Current cvsup8 is running on an older version
> of
> > Linux as well.
>
> I have never tried myself, but I seem to recall hearing problems over
> the years with running cvsupd on OS's other than FreeBSD, so I
> wouldn't be too hopeful in getting it running.

The former admin got it working on RHEL 4.5 with ezm3, I was unable to do
this.  And ezm3's page recommends using cm3.  So it was possible at one
point but doesn't want to play nice anymore.

> One thing you might be able to try is running 32bit instead of 64bit.
> Even on FreeBSD cvsupd 64bit is problematic (for some users).

I've tried to run their precompiled 32 bit and my own