Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 09:56:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        york@fvl.k12.mi.us (Jason D. York)
Subject:   Re: Kernel and PPP

As Jason D. York wrote:
> I am having problems.

(You're message is totally unreadable.  Please, restrain mails to 75
characters per line for readability.  Netcrap is not doing you any
good at this when abusing it as an email tool.)

>    The first problem is that I cannot get the if_mod_ppp.o module to
> load.  I cannot find out anywhere what to feed modload for the entry
> point of the module.  The second problem may be related to the

The generic names of the entry points are ``_foo_init''.  However, it
seems that if_ppp_mod doesn't follow this convention, or somebody
forgot it. :-(

> first.  somehow on my installation I did not get the kernel source.
> I figured that if I could get ppp running I could just use
> /stand/sysinstall and get the kernel, but I need ppp.  Anyway I
> would be overjoyed if you could tell me how to get that ppp module
> loaded so I could use pppd.

You only need ``IIJ-PPP'', it is in /usr/sbin/ppp, and it doesn't
require the ppp kernel interface (since it uses the `tun0' interface).
So, it is ready to run for you.  (We have two PPP implementations to
chose from.)

--
cheers, J"org