Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:47:09 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        powerpc@freebsd.org, mips@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, jeff@freebsd.org, ia64@freebsd.org, arch@freebsd.org, sparc64@freebsd.org, arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Physbio changes final call for tests and reviews

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 06:33:22PM +0200, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Hi,
> I finished the last (insignificant) missed bits in the Jeff' physbio
> work. Now I am asking for the last round of testing and review, esp. for
> the !x86 architectures. Another testing focus are the SCSI HBAs and RAID
> controllers which drivers are changed by the patchset. Please do test
> this before the patchset is committed into HEAD !
>
> The plan is to commit the patch somewhere in two weeks from this moment.
> The patch is required for the finalizing of the unmapped I/O work for UFS
> I did in parallel, which I hope to finish shortly after the commit.
>
> Patch is available at http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/physbio.5.diff

First tests on sparc64 with ata(4), mpt(4) and sym(4) look good (to
be sure I still need to test with a machine using a streaming buffer
in addition to the IOMMU, though).
However, by accident I noticed that your patch (i.e. stock head is
fine) somehow breaks smartd of smartmontools with ata(4):
root@b1k2:/root # smartd
ata3: timeout waiting for write DRQ
The machine just hangs at this point (it's also strange that the above
message is from the PIO rather than from the DMA path).

One note: mjacob@ probably will be annoyed if you don't wrap the
changes to isp(4) in __FreeBSD_version so the same source still
compiles on older ones.

Marius