Date:      Thu, 29 May 2014 01:03:04 +0000
From:      "Scott, Brian" <brian.scott4@det.nsw.edu.au>
To:        "'Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)'" <madis555@hot.ee>, "'Marek Salwerowicz'" <marek_sal@wp.pl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-arm@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: RPi + FreeBSD + Xorg + XBMC player  ?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-arm@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-arm@freebsd.org=
] On Behalf Of Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)
Sent: Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:18 PM
To: Marek Salwerowicz
Cc: freebsd-arm@freebsd.org

>On 2014-05-28 00:32, Marek Salwerowicz wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>=20
>> I was wondering if anyone has succeeded in installing the X Server,
>> simple window manager and XBMC software under FreeBSD?
>>=20
>> I would like to use my RPi as XBMC media player.
>
>Should be possible. I've heard that X works there, but I haven't tried
>it by myself.=20

Has anyone actually got X running recently? I've just been trying to buil=
d a few packages on the Pi and it looks like things have moved on since t=
he various tutorials on the web were written. The scfb video driver is in=
cluded in ports now but  other broken-ness in xorg-server (dri) stops it =
being built.

Haven't even started trying to get applications like XBMC going.

Brian