Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:38:48 GMT
From:      Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos <miguel@anjos.strangled.net>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpc.lockd brokenness (2)

> Can you put it at a URL somewhere?  If not, send it privately.
>
> Kris

Ok. There are two versions:
    http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mlsr/nfs.dump
        is the output of tcpdump -vvv host targa and udp port nfs
    http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mlsr/nfsx.dump
        is the output of tcpdump -X -vvv host targa and udp port nfs

- targa.anjos.strangled.net is the name of the client which has a single /
  filesystem (therefore including /var) nfs mounted from the server.
- compaq.anjos.strangled.net is the name of the server.

Dump begins when I do /etc/rc.d/cron start, after system is fully functional
in multiuser mode, lockd and statd running. File locking seems to work in
other situations, specifically for instance touch test ; lockf test echo ok.

After checking the revision history for lib/libutil/pidfile.c, I'm convinced
that it can't be the problem, and the same for usr.sbin/cron/cron.c, even
though there was a change at 2006/01/15, and this setup seemed to work before
January.

Another thing, I didn't start this thread, and I hope I'm not moving attention
away from the original post from Jun Kuriyama who was asking for help debugging
a documented PR (bin/80389).

----
Miguel Ramos