Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:23:42 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: One step forward....

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 05:47:39AM -0300, Capriotti wrote:

> >Anything that covers "how to go about learning" rather than "how to fix the
> >problem" sits well in a newbies-only environment, *because* newbies can
> >fairly safely help each other on that without being pre-empted by more
> >advanced users.
> >

> On the other hand, an experienced user is VERY welcome here, to detect our
> dificulties and then kindly require us to move the discussion over to
> -questions.

They are most welcome to subscribe and watch, just as we can subscribe and
watch any list on which our comments would be inappropriate (such as the
highly technical ones for developers).

But when they subscribe to this mailing list they do so as guests and should
not pop up and offer to solve our problems for us in this forum. We need
newbies-friendly helpers much more desperately in -questions.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more