Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 2015 18:51:04 +0530
From:      Vijay Rajah <me@rvijay.me>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with New Build -- Skylake

On 12/24/15 5:18 PM, Oliver Pinter wrote:
> On 12/24/15, Vijay Rajah <me@rvijay.me> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/24/15 12:22 PM, Ian Smith wrote:
>>>    ~2 minutes delay there.  sendmail (mta and msp both) at least
>>> are unhappy about your hostname, and sleep on it.  I don't know whether
>>> that's significant or related to the longer delay you report.  I just
>>> skimmed through your dmesg, but didn't spot anything glaringly obvious.
>>>
>>> FWIW, cheers, Ian
>> Ian,
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time to help me.
>>
>> The delay is (mostly) before the boot loader menu is presented. Once the
>> system starts to boot.. It is pretty fast...
>>
>> When the system boots, after the BIOS hands over the control to the OS..
>> there are 6-7 lines, which give boot loader version etc.. (the last of
>> this gives the details of the build host etc..)
>>
>> Then there is a spinning wheel, an the system just sits there for some
>> time.. (even the wheel spins slowly). after 3-4 mins I see it loads the
>> /boot/default/loader.conf . After this the menu is loaded..
> Confirmed this issue, seems like the forth parser or something forth
> related code in slow.
>
> This is a Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI board. I can test some change after Christmas.
Oliver,

Thanks for Confirmation... and let me know once you have a
solution/patch. I would be happy to test it.

I'm still learning FreeBSD.. Hence I wasn't sure what was the cause...

Currently I'm using the setup to test a few Linux distros.. But I will
return to FreeBSD shortly.

-Thanks & Merry Christmas
Vijay