Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:20:52 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Fl=FCgel?= <Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de>
Cc:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 4.5 to current fails

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:49:52PM +0200, Christian Fl=FCgel wrote:

> But I still get signal 12 exceptions when trying to installworld.
> It seems to me that the install process still uses my old kernel and I am
> not able to load the new one. Could anybody please tell me how to achieve
> this?

You're still actually running your 4.x kernel.  This may be an
omission in the documentation for upgrading to 5.0: you need to
install the new /boot/defaults/ files so that the boot loader will
automatically pick up the changed default location of the 5.0 kernel.

Kris

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--