Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 02:22:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Victor Meirans <vic@anna.cs.ru.lv>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD books

Victor Meirans writes:
 > Well, I am thinking about buying some books on FreeBSD and network
 > administration and security as well. Could someone give me a clue about
 > "the best" books of this kind? Any recomendations?
 >
 > I already ordered "DNS & BIND" and was going to order "The Complete
 > FreeBSD", but it's released in 1996 and I am wondering is it still
 > "up-to-date"?

In addition to the UNIX SA book by Nemeth, Seebass, et al. recommended
by Doug White, you'll want a copy of TCP/IP Network Administration from
O'Reilly and Associates.  It has enough about DNS to get you up and
running, but you've already ordered DNS and Bind.

Any of the O'Reilly "blue" series will be helpful, but buy them as you
need them.  Others in the series include Sendmail (bat book) and
NFS/NIS.  I'm a big fan of the O'Reilly series.