Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:21:21 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need an audio multicasting solution

Colleagues,

I need a solution to read sound from a soundcard (/dev/dsp) and
multicast it into the network, for the multicast audio stream to be
played on FreeBSD, Linux and Windows workstations. No sophisticated
codecs needed, plain PCM would do.

Can you advise something? I know that in theory there are many ways to
implement this, but I am especially interested in personal first-hand
experience, success stories or good white papers. Please no
lmgtfu-type replies. Thanks very much in advance.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru