Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:20:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
To:        Gregory C Schohn <gcs@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk won't work on new hard drives can't get

I have had excellent success in partitioning IDE drives using the Linux
fdisk found on the install CD's of Mandrake-6.0 and 6.1, not the later
versions.  Try booting one of these CD's and start an
install.  Either reset or 3-finger warm boot after completing the fdisk.

As I say, this has worked well with IDE drives.  YMMV.  Good luck with it.

Dave