Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:40:03 GMT
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/155903: FreeBSD32 emulation patch to support i386 X11 Server

The following reply was made to PR amd64/155903; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/155903: FreeBSD32 emulation patch to support i386 X11
 Server
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:34:30 -0500

 ----- Forwarded message from Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> -----

 Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:27:07 +0200
 From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
 To: John Wehle <john@feith.com>
 Cc: amd64@freebsd.org
 	Server

 All of this looks interesting.

 First, please split the patch into smaller, logically self-contained
 parts. E.g. the change to handle fdrop() in one place should be committed
 separately.

 Then, I propose to add the compat definitions of MEMRANGE_GET32, SET32
 and PCIOCGETCONF_32.

 Then, we could move the copyin_map/copyout_map. Also, we could fix
 the sz == 0 case.

 The last commit is the most controversial, in fact. I understand the
 reason to get the user memory for calling into pciconf ioctls, but this
 is somewhat ugly. Ideally, the pci_ioctl() would be changed into wrapper
 and core code, and two wrappers produced, one for the native call path,
 other for compat32.

 BTW, would you do the shims for other pciconf ioctls, while there ?

 ----- End forwarded message -----