Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:41:59 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is there a linux_base available for RELENG_9?

Re-read the error message you pasted into the email. Pay particular
attention to the part after "2.6", the last two digits. :)

2.6.16 != 2.6.18

The latter is what needs to be in sysctl.conf, or (as you discovered)
entered via sysctl(8). You will need to put the correct values into
sysctl.conf, though, for it to be set correctly at boot.

Cheers,
Freddie