Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 17:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Shady <rls@kilroy.id.net>
To:        temp@temptation.interlog.com (Temptation)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A performance mystery

> Writing the 16 Megabyte file, 'iozone.tmp' ...6.367188 seconds
> Reading the files....2.164062 seconds (as it was scrolling I seen this
> number as low as 1.xxx seconds)
>
> IOZONE perfor. measurements:
>
>      2634949 bytes/second for writing the file
>      7752648 bytes/second for reading the file

Okay, I've recently purchased a Pentium PCI500C-C motherboard with a 100Mhz
CPU.  I've been thinking about swapping the motherboard for the ASUS board,
but I wanted to run some quick speed tests to see if this one is better,
or worse.  Doesn't make sense to swap out a good motherboard for a worse
one.  Does anybody have any speed tests I can run/compare to for a 100 Mhz
pentium?  It's running FreeBSD 2.0.5-Alpha right now, but only using IDE
disks currently, so a disk read/write isn't going to show anything...

	-- Rob