Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:45:26 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Sascha Vieweg <saschaview@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD VMWare Mac screen resulution and keyboard map

On Apr 18, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Sascha Vieweg wrote:
>> man syscons | less -p'Back Scrolling'
>
> ... Says: press the `slock' key (with some PC keyboard description). However, I have got a MB Pro where no such key is available. Thus, I may repeat my question: How can I get console scolling working on my MacBook Pro 13''?

slock is the key above the home key; on an Apple A1048 USB keyboard, that is labelled F15.  I don't think the 13" Macbook Pro has that key available, so you might have to attach an external USB keyboard.

Try dmesg | less instead, or using SSH from a handy terminal emulator with scrolling windows (like Terminal.app from the base MacOS X) is likely to be easier...

Regards,
--
-Chuck