Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 01:03:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

:
:If you really want to know if a car is quality, then look at how many
:of them are still on the road 20 years after production.  VW churned
:out millions and millions of the old bugs but you rarely see one around
:today, whereas there's still plenty of old Japanese manufactured cars
:around and about.  Hell I've got a 20 year old 210 with 250,000 miles on it
:and
:it's still kicking along on the original engine, you could never get
:that kind of mileage out of an old bug engine.

I see lots more old VWs around here than I see old japanese cars.  At least
an order of magnitude more.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.