Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:59:31 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        jleppek@suw2k.hisd.harris.com (James Leppek)
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: do 3c589c pcmcia cards work

Email to James is bouncing all over the place for some un-known reason
since I can resolve everything, so I'm posting this back to the list in
the hopes that he can see it.

> Thanks for the quick reply :-)
> I am giving a demo of some research things we did using freebsd :-)
> to so I am a little edgy :-(
>
> I looked at the port settings and it was ok, I have a 3c589B card
> and it works like a champ, but if I put in the 3c589C no go.
> and of course I need 3 cards and have 1 B and 2 C cards :-(
>
> did the other folks use them under stable or current?

It doesn't matter since the driver hasn't changed, so it doesn't make
any different but they were using -stable.

> I am using stable on the notebooks.
>
> Thanks for the info, I may have to run around town and
> find some folks with 3c589B cards, Hmmmm my wife will not
> understand on valentines day :-(

I'm 99.9% positive that the C model works.  Are you *absolutely* sure
that the card's configuration is the same as what FreeBSD expects?  You
need to make sure that the port, IRQ, *and* IOMEM are the same.
(Unfortunately on the first two are settable, so the third must be
obtained by looking at another menu entry in the program that configures
them).  Are you *sure* that you configured them w/out Card services
running (which won't save the settings in NVRAM).

Is the found on bootup?  If yes, do you have the correct 'link'
parameters set in the ifconfig line for your network connector?

Nate