Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:43:35 -0700
From:      Justin Ashworth <ashworth@cs.montana.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting

  OK, here's my situation: I've installed FreeBSD numerous times before, but
never on a dedicated drive. I had been using a partition of my IDE drive
before. I just recently bought a SCSI drive that I'd like to put FreeBSD on.
I can get through the install fine and everything, but when I try to boot
with booteasy it just keeps giving me the boot options and never boots into
BSD. However, I can still boot into Win 95. I tried using the OS boot select
program from the /pub/FreeBSD/tools directory, but that only gives me an
error message saying that there is no OS on my SCSI disk. I can boot into
Win 95 with that boot loader as well. Any ideas? My IDE drive (Win 95) is my
primary and my SCSI drive (FreeBSD) is recognized at boot time as DOS drive
D: (or so my Adaptec would like to think).

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

- Justin J. Ashworth
-- CS Student, Montana State University
--- Chair, Association for Computing Machinery - MSU
-- ashworth@cs.montana.edu
- http://www.cs.montana.edu/~ashworth