Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:45:31 +0000
From:      Nimrod Levy <nimrodl@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org,  Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ?

I'm running 11-STABLE from 12/9.  amdtemp works for me.  It also has the
systl indicating that it it has the shared page fix. I'm pretty sure I've
seen the lockups since then.  I'll update to the latest STABLE and see
what  happens.

One weird thing about my experience is that if I keep something running
continuously like the distributed.net client on 6 of 12 possible threads,
it keeps the system up for MUCH longer than without.  This is a home server
and very lightly loaded (one could argue insanely overpowered for the use
case).

I'm glad to see that there has been some attention on this.  I was a little
disappointed by the earlier thread.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot, but I'm not sure what information I can
gather from a hard locked system that doesn't even show anything on the
console.

--
Nimrod