Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:11:51 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: *** Real Action Item: SPECweb

Okay, I just checked the old marks. First, IIS is an easy target. It's
got crummy performance no matter how many processes you throw at it.

Netscape Fast Track is within just a few clicks of Zeus on comparable
hardware, so I'd suspect that the Novonyx stuff is pretty good at
cooking.

However, I think we're within the rules to use a flash disk (for sure)
or battery DRAM disk (maybe), so that should make up the difference in
webserver performance.

Remember that this number won't stand for long, no matter what we do.
It's just a statement that we're in the game and freeware guys can
perform in the same league as the dinoaurs.

Right, team?

--> Don