Date:      Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:03:00 +0400
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@mail.ru>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: exec make buildworld

Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 06:16:14AM +0200, Gert Cuykens wrote:
>
>>On Apr 4, 2005 6:07 AM, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible to do a ssh conection then do exec make buildworld on
>>>the remote system close the conection and do a conection again later
>>>and get the output from make buildworld again ?
>>>

>>Doh i forgot the important part again, without using screen :)
>

>     # make buildworld >& log.file &
>     # logout

It's kinda strange, but it didn't work for me yesterday.
The build stopped as soon as I logged out, I used
Ctrl-D instead of logout though.

What I find more comfortable is
# at + 1 minute
make buildworld
Ctrl-D

Some time after I have new mail, containing all the
output (stdout and stderr) from the task. That's cute.

Best wishes,
Andrew P.