Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:33:59 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>, "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Native JDK sound

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 08:07:12PM +0300, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> I tried to investigate the issue, but I got this:
> laptop$ java -jar Java2Demo.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (0) must be > 0
>         at java.awt.image.SampleModel.<init>(SampleModel.java:100)
>         at java.awt.image.SinglePixelPackedSampleModel.<init>(SinglePixelPackedSampleModel.java:109)
>         at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Raster.java:598)
>         at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Raster.java:412)
>         at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(DirectColorModel.java:633)
>         at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(BufferedImage.java:245)
>         at TextureChooser.getTextTexture(TextureChooser.java:102)
>         at TextureChooser.<init>(TextureChooser.java:63)
>         at Controls.<init>(Controls.java:94)
>         at Java2Demo.<init>(Java2Demo.java:109)
>         at Java2Demo.main(Java2Demo.java:460)
> ^C
>
> when the application was showing "Loading: init" and a bar 15% full.
> I have patchset 9, 4-STABLE, no JIT/OpenJIT, XFree86 3.3.5, Lesstiff.
> The linux-jdk works fine with Java2Demo, except that it does not play
> any sound (no error messages either). Anybody has a clue?

I found out what was wrong with that. I was using Robert Swindells'
font.properties file, and obviously it isn't quite perfect. I also
noticed that in the tests, the antialiasing does not work if you
use that font.properties. The sad thing is that I cannot work with the
default ones (they are VERY ugly), so I am afraid I will be switching
font.properties files :-(

-past

P.S.: BTW, sound does not work for me either. Wav, au, aiff files
produce nothing. Rmf files produce exceptions (Classes not found). I
will investigate further.