Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:43:37 -0600
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        matt@lkg.dec.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quad Ethernet Card Question

I was reading through the FreeBSD mailing list archive, and
I looked at the FreeBSD-current source.  However, I'm still
a little confused.  It appears that all the ZNYX 10Mb cards *are*
supported, but that the CogentData cards are NOT fully supported?

Does someone have a list of multi-port PCI NIC cards (based on
the DEC chip) that are known to work with FreeBSD?

We are looking primarially at the Cogent EM964, as it has 4 BNC
connectors as an option.  We may go 10/100, which means the Cogent
EM440TX, and the ZNXY 346 (or 348) cards.  There is also a card by
Rockwell Network Systems (RNS 2340).

If only the ZNYX 314 is supported, we could go with the 314
(or 315) cards.

All these cards seem very similar, in that they use a bridged PCI
design, so they should all "just work" with the Dec driver...
(Currently using FreeBsd 2.1.5)