Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 10:00:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   fsck & boot Q

	Hi there folx,

	Albeit it works just great here ( server has ~3.000 accounts )
	and is _very fast and stable in sense of load average ( it
	doesn't fluctuate between 2-20 as on SS10 here ) , sometimes
	it does reboot w/o kernel being able to determine the reason
	and panic. Just silent and sporadic reboot. The mileage of
	uptime can vary - between 10 -3 days.
	Since the FreeBSD kernel is rather a good cather of ordinary
	problems ( on other computer here , from different vendor it
	never ever rebooted w/o panic being activated and reason explained ),
	I suspect there is some magic'n'stupid conflict somewhere deep
	inside of that Gateway p90/PCI Bt946c/128Mb RAM/Diamond Viper
	juke box.

	Well, but the Q is :
	when it reboots in this way , it cleans all the filesystem
	except one , and then prompts for the default shell and asks
	sysadm to clean the FS manually.And if noone is available -
	the system just sits there forever.
	Is there any way to explicitly tell the system to run fsck -y
	_automatically on all FSes or at least on those it can't clean

	out ? And after everything is cool - just resume normal operation ?
	If it's impossible - can some1 point me to the code which is involved
	in that stage of boot process ?

	Rashid

	-=-=- Come,come Monday !=-=-=-=
	-=-=- Bring us 2.0.5 :) -=-=-=-