Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:16:57 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>, FreeBSD Doc List <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
Subject:   Re: fdp-primer: syntax error in exmaple 3.6 & exmaple 3.7 ?

--/YnR2r17TIEndSCI

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:41:49AM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> In other doc-related news, I have never setup those sgml variables, just=
=20
> to see what would happen...  With that in mind, I have had absolutly NO=
=20
> problem building or working with the doc system.  To be more honest, I=20
> even forgot they were around... I'll look into that today hehe  Enjoy

If you use the .mk files, and don't use an editor that can do validation
then there's really no need to set them -- the .mk files make sure that
the correct values are passed to all the programs in the build chain.

It's only when you start running things by hand, or using tools like
Emacs, that they become necessary.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--/YnR2r17TIEndSCI

--/YnR2r17TIEndSCI--