Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:57:20 +0200
From:      "F. Xavier Noria" <fxn@retemail.es>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Cannot compile XFree86 4.2.x

I have a machine with XFree86 4.1.x and cannot upgrade it.
I tried first portupgrade, then executing make install under
the meta port, then I cleaned up all the work directories
and tried to build -libraries, -clients and so step by step,
with no success in any of the methods.  Sooner or later an
error is reported and the build is aborted.

Does anyone know whether something could be wrong in my
system, or maybe what would be a right way to perform the
actualization?

-- fxn