Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:42:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Martin Fredriksson <martin@msp.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD/BIND integration?

Some questions regarding FreeBSD and BIND integration (I'm new to FreeBSD; I
have searched the archives, hopefully well enough):

(1) How often is BIND integrated into FreeBSD releases and snapshots?

(2) How can I find out which version (4.x.y patch z) of BIND is currently
integrated (I run 2.1R, and the version set in named (Version.c) is
"LOCAL-951116.090057 Thu Nov 16 09:00:57 1995")?

(3) Is there a technical description of how different "packages" (such as
BIND) are integrated into FreeBSD?  Or is this a case of "follow
freebsd-hackers, study the source, and learn by yourself"?  Note that I
wouldn't complain about the latter, just want to save time by knowing what to
expect.

Any help and/or pointers appreciated!

/// Martin F