Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:42:47 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No More CTM Deltas on ftp.freebsd.org ?

> OK, I am a German, and in the DFN - Net too, but on the FreeBSD
> mastersite no Readme, but en existing cvs-cur that is outdatet
> several weeks.

CTM is currently and orphan and looking for a new home.  I think Mark
Murray was going to take it over, but I haven't heard anything about
it.  Ulf was also running it for awhile but that appears to have
stopped - he might have more to say about it.

> I think we shouldn't do such things, the FreeBSD CTM service
> has moved from on site to another several times, now this is
> enough.

I think you're missing something fairly fundamental about free
software projects here - this happens, especially with CTM, and
there's no sense in saying "we shouldn't do such things" if such
things are happening whether we like it or not.  Are you volunteering
to take over CTM generation?

- Jordan