Date:      30 Jan 1998 20:01:39 -0500
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rsi@earthling.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm), abial@nask.pl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LFS is nuked?

Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> writes:

> > > I cvsup'ped today and to my surprise all the files related to LFS were
> > > nuked... Is it on purpose, or just my bad luck?
> >
> > It's in the Attic, 'til somebody has time to make it work.
> > Currently it's not functional and therefore not needed
> > in the source tree.
>
> One could use this argument on other FS's, as well.  The other
> FS's which come immediately to mind are umapfs, union, portal,
> nullfs, msdosfs, and nfs.

Well, this might be the perfect time to bring up the fact that I'm
sorta working on a file system (I call it effs for Everything's a File
File System) somewhat similar to the Plan9 and Inferno file
system. It's going to be somewhat similar to portal and borrows ideas
from userfs which exists for Linux 2.0. It's primarily meant as a
hacking exercise for myself, but I was wondering if the FreeBSD
community would be interested in something like this.

Regards,
Rajappa
--
<rsi@earthling.net> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.	New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.