Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:41:51 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ps segfaults since I overclocked. and worries.

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980410151312.7008A-100000@dylan>, Stephen Roome write
s:
>On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> overclocking is a problem with most all machines, don't do it. <-- period
>

>Anyway, All I've done is upped the bus speed slightly and the processor is
>running only a little bit faster (it's a 166 really), besides I've been
>informed that the 166MMX i've got is probably a 200, because the suppliers
>in the UK apparently ran out of 166's and rebadged 200's at the time I
>bought mine. Don't know whetyher I beleive this or not, but then it's only
>at most 11% faster than it should be.

Steve, and everybody else:

If you overclock, we don't want to waste time on your trouble before you
convince us that the same problem occur if you run your hardware inside
spec.

End of story!

Run it inside spec, if you still have problems, tell us, if they disappear
you will probably be able to draw your own conclusions from that.

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER REPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS!

"Drink MONO-tonic, it goes down but it will NEVER come back up!"