Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   does the bwn drive support the Broadcom 4353 chip

I have a inspiron 1724 with a Dell Wireless 1520 card. It looked to me that the
bmw driver in 8.1 might support this card. pciconf shows:

none3@pci0:3:0:0:  class=0x028000 card=0x000e1028 chip=0x435314e4 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
     class      = network

After trying a number of things, I decided to build a kernel with the required
devices. The device is still not recognized. Does this driver not support the
1520? If the driver is still evolving, I am happy to supply a test system.

Doug D