Date:      Mon, 18 May 2009 23:19:12 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez <mapsware@prodigy.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what is going to happend when installing a port

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez <
mapsware@prodigy.net.mx> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I would like to know what other ports are going to be installed when I
> install
> a port
>
> When I installed krb5 I notice it build and install a lot of ports.
>
> maps

make all-depends-list
  will show you everything that will be installed to either build or support
during runtime the ports that will come with the port you're in now.

make missing
  will show you what is lacking on your system to make it compile and run.

make build-depends-list
  Will list the ports required to build said port

make run-depends-list
  will show the ports required to run said port

man ports

Please read the documentation provided, now that we've given you the
document to start reading.  Enjoy your week.