Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:13:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on my panic... (panic in pmap_pte_quick())

Well -  I had a suggestion to recompile the
loadable modules.  So, I recompiled the linux
module with -g.

Suddenly, I now can get a traceback from DDB.

I'm now getting a panic in pmap_pte_quick() (from pmap.c),
with the following traceback:

   pmap_pte_quick()+12
   pmap_ts_referenced()
   vm_pageout_page_stats()
   vm_pageout()
   kproc_start()
   fork_trampoline()

The particular instruction is:

	movl 0(%edx,%eax,4),%ecx

and %edx is the bad address, (%eax has 0x23...)

I believe comes from the line (since we're only at offset +12):

   if (pde = (unsigned) pmap->pm_pdir[va >> PDRSHIFT]) {

that is, the pmap parm to pmap_pte_quick seems to be bad.

This pmap parm comes from Queue pointed to by ppv; which comes
from pa_to_pvh(pa)  - pa was passed in...

Has anyone seen anything like this?

	- Dave Rivers -