Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:52:15 -0400
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        gary@wcs.uq.oz.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gating hackers into the newsgroups

    Jordan> You'll be basically making an appeal to everyone's good
    Jordan> nature and _strongly suggesting_ that people who've
    Jordan> enjoyed the benefits of the service contribute something
    Jordan> at some point.

I like this idea.  While it's been a personal goal to help out at
least one person every day on the -questions or the newsgroup, I'm
sure there are some who just got missed and have to wonder if there's
``anybody back there.''  If newbie registration and adoption services
will help prevent those from falling through the cracks, then sign me
up.

    Jordan> Sort of like the blood banks do.  Not that I'm sure I like
    Jordan> that particular simile.. :-)

I ... kind of, uh, ... LIKE it ... <pant, drool, twitch>.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

TASK: Go the the store.  In OS/2: After fueling up with 6000 gallons
of gas, you get in the car and drive to the store with a motorcycle
escort and a marching band in procession. Halfway there, the car blows
up, killing everybody in town.