Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:17:46 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: / almost out of space just after installation

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 11:28:00PM -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
>=20
> Q2: Will I be able to install GNOME, Firefox, download 30 MB of files,
> and place them on my GNOME dekstop?  (I believe the desktop is located
> at /home/cstankevitz/.desktop aka on the root partition where there is
> only 26M of free space)

Are you sure your home directory is at /home?

What's the result of `ls -l /home`?  If it looks something like this:

    lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 Sep  7 09:55 /home -> usr/home

=2E . . everything should be fine.  FreeBSD places the home directory in
/usr by default, so instead of /home it's /usr/home, and creates a
symlink from /home to /usr/home for the sake of convenience.  Are you
sure that isn't what happened?

--=20

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--