Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:51:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        babkin@bellatlantic.net (Sergey Babkin)
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wormcontrol write speed

It seems Sergey Babkin wrote:
> Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > > NO! There is me as well!!!!
>
> Count me as the third one :-)

Come on guys, the only driver that can use worm* is the atapi-cd driver,
the SCSI system no longer has this functionality.
What I mean is that I'll probably sometime when I get the time, will
change this interface so it better suits my needs. You will still
have an util to burn ATAPI cd with :)

> > For what ?? -stable ?? I wont touch that one...
> > If its for the old wd driver, it'll ofcause stay around until that is
> > gone too :)
> >
> > Or have I missed something ??
>
> By the way, a stupid question: 4.0-current (at least the latest snapshot)
> seems to have no worm driver. Is it merged with the cdrom driver now ?
> Does it still work with the SCSI devices ? In particular, with Philips 3660 ?

Se above, if you want to use burners under CAM SCSI you have to use cdrecord.
There is no worm or wormlike support in the SCSI system anymore.

-Soren