Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 21:30:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NIS/YP problems after cvsupdate

On Wed, 16 May 2001, John Polstra wrote:

Hello.

Well, all of our FBSD boxes are equipted with Intel NIC (fxp)
and 100MBit/full-duplex (the switches are also full duplex types).

All other network facilities work well - only the master server isn't able
to send out a transfer initiation to its slaves. when doing a
'ypinit -s MASTER-SERVER' on each client the client polls its maps
successfully. This seems to be a problem of the ypxfrd daemon running on our master ...

In the past I have had a similar, versy strange problem due the fact I compiled
each part of the kernel and of the base sources of the base operating system
with the option -march=i686 as a compileroption of CFLAGS and COPTFLAGS in
make.conf. This triggered a very strange behaviour. This time this problem occured
after a cvsupdate without changes in config matter ... :-(
(I did make world and mergemaster only ...).

:>In article <Pine.BSF.4.33.0105162018060.13626-100000@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>,