Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:46:48 -0500
From:      Phoenix Rising <phoenix@digital.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FAQ addition?

Hi,

This was sent earlier today to Peter daSilva, who probably
is not the right person to answer this hardware type question.
Ahhh, the perils of maintaining a FAQ :-)  My only holdup on
a virtual domain at this time is discussion as to shell access
and I had the brilliant idea :) I'd just install FreeBSD and
do it myself, to heck with all of the ISPs out there each with
a different set of rules.  I *do* realize I need ot use 35-60MB
of my boot disk (my SCSI hard disk) and I saw my Adaptec card
on your list of accepted hardware, will assume a Micropolis
3243AV SCSI 4.29GB drive will also be supported.  What I want
to do however, is run FreeBSD off a Jaz cartridge/disk (1GB
removable storage from iOmega)  I don't see *any* support for
removable storage except CD-ROM, which isn't really "removable
storage" ;-]

I bought my Jaz for cross-platform compatibilty (I'm on a Pentium
and want to work with Mac's and Unix boxes) so I am suspecting
FreeBSD will handle it just like it would any SCSI hard disk, but
if it *won't* then I can't consider running my own Unix box to
be a viable solution to my domain/ISP-rules problem and will
have to hold off on going with FreeBSD due to budget concerns.
I'd *really* appreciate an honest answer and timely one ;)  I've
been searching around for answers on this for nearly two weeks,
and to me, after 12 years online, hours is too long, not weeks!
I know, I'm spoiled.

ADthanxVANCE!

-sry
Sarah R. Yoffa - PGP Ver. 2.6.2 Public Key ID D023E649
http://digital.net/~phoenix/FourthFate/     The *other* W3C
http://www.webgrrls.com/spacecoast/       Space Coast Webgrrls
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/4296/          DeepSpace