Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:37:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I can't believe he said that!

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Johnson David wrote:
> There's an article at ZDNet.uk with some strange words from Redhat's
> Matthew Szulik:
> <http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117575,00.htm>;
> "I would say that for the consumer market place, Windows probably
> continues to be the right product line"
> This guy is the chief executive of the largest distributor of Linux.
> Wow!

honestly, what do you expect from RH?  this is the company that EOLs
products quicker that M$.  RH is the M$ of open source.  really.

that said, others' sentiments that windoze is "the right choice" for many
in the "computing world" is spot on.  if you can't figure out how to read
documentation and need handholding at $350/hour, m$ is a nice choice.

and i'm not even being my usual "bsd biggot" self.  linux can be fine, but
ignore RH at all costs.  please.  use something like lunar or gentoo (if
you can stand the arrogance of certain members of the gentoo community) so
you have a "bsd-like" aka "built from source and optimized as much as i
want" OS.  lunar was as much as "100% faster" in some testing done with
basic open source apps like Apache and MySQL.  avoid RH.  avoid the noid.

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!