Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:45:59 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Communicator 4.7 dumping core?

--0__=BvqZM21ZB30B4pG9cEN24m4FLlL2sEo5o6zpRaI2Cv7CTo9GyOs1Wh2g

Hello,

I have had the same problems with a 4.0 =B0 XF336 machine at home : the=
 native netscape4.7 kept bombing each time I closed a window.

I have changed to the linux version of communicator, which seems to be =
working fine (and you can get the plugins which are developped for the =
linux platform)

     TfH

David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net> on 16/02/2000 05:55:03
                                                             =20
                                                             =20
                                                             =20
 To:      freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG                      =20
                                                             =20
 cc:      (bcc: Thierry HERBELOT/FR/ALCATEL)                 =20
                                                             =20
                                                             =20
                                                             =20
 Subject: Communicator 4.7 dumping core?                     =20
                                                             =20

=

--0__=BvqZM21ZB30B4pG9cEN24m4FLlL2sEo5o6zpRaI2Cv7CTo9GyOs1Wh2g

Upgraded to 3.4-stable a week or so ago. Flushed XFree86 3.3.1 and
built 3.3.6 from the port. Included aout libraries. Reinstalled the US
version of Netscape Communicator.

Since have noticed an extra fix-01-r128 for XFree86. I was having
problems so re-compiled XFree86 and used the force option to install
new on top of old without removing the old first. No improvement.

This is my problem, using twm from startx. Communicator has an annoying
habit of
[1]  + Bus error                     netscape (core dumped)

Only does the above on close of a Communicator window.

Above says core was dumped but I haven't found where. Sometimes there
was a .core file in my home directory where netscape was started. But
not lately. Think it was the "dns helper". I automatically deleted them
without thinking of remembering its name. Of course now I can't generate
one on core dump now that I want to.

Initially I thought the problem was only when I close the first netscape
window created, but no longer believe that. In any case I get the core
dump message *every* time I quit netscape, in addition to the times
netscape quits me.

Anybody else? Any cures?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net

--0__=BvqZM21ZB30B4pG9cEN24m4FLlL2sEo5o6zpRaI2Cv7CTo9GyOs1Wh2g--