Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 18:07:53 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Stefan Parvu <sparvu@cc.hut.fi>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Kathy Quinlan <katinka@magestower.com>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, N6REJ <n6rej@tcsn.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm leaving

Doug Young said on May 13, 2001 at 22:36:50:
> > "default GUI install" is a subject to discuss. In my oppinion is not
> > good idea because:

Clarification:  I didn't mean the installer should be GUI.  I meant
that in addition to the "beginner/expert/custom" type options that
exist already, there should be one which installs KDE/GNOME/both, with
the additional feature that the setup includes a desktop link to
FreeBSD docs.  In fact, what I really meant was changing the existing
packages/ports for KDE/GNOME to include such an icon as part of the
default, I suppose... and when you launch the help system for these
applications, it should point you to the FreeBSD docs as well as their
own docs.

I'll look at this and see whether I can do it myself.

- Rahul