Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:30:08 -0800
From:      "Chris Smith" <chrissmith@mgci.com>
To:        "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail forwarder

From: "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 10:17:09AM -0800, Chris Smith wrote:
> > using cron I would imagine.  I looked into fetchmail but from reading
the
> > manpage I am not sure that is really what I need.  Can anyone give me
> > suggestions on what would work for this?
>
> Use fetchmail, and have your .fetchmailrc like this:
> poll pop3.domainxxx protocol pop3:
> envelope Received
> user remoteuser1 is remoteuser2 here
> or
> user remoteuser1 is localuser here
>
> and localuser is in /etc/aliases forwarded to remoteuser2
>
> Edwin

Thanks for the quick reply, but I guess I still need a push in the right
direction.

Here's the full situation that I should have described originally.

<verbose>

Say I have two email accounts for Joe Schmo:

joeschmo@somedomain.com    Running on XO Comm. web hosting svc and
                           checked using Outlook Express configured to
                           leave messages on server, also on Joe's
                           laptop configured the same way.

jschmo@palm.net            Running on Palm PDA.

Outlook Express maintains the inboxes fine on both Joe's office machine
and his laptop, but now he also wants to receive the email in the same
fashion on his Palm.

</verbose>

The idea is to use fetchmail on my FreeBSD box from here to suck in his
inbox from somedomain.com and shoot it out to his palm.net account.

So my .fetchmailrc would be as follows:

$ cat ~/.fetchmailrc
poll somedomain.com protocol pop3 keep:
envelope Received
user joeschmo is jschmo here

Is this close?  Where do I tell it to shoot the entire message list to
jschmo@palm.net?

Thanks for your time.