Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:35:38 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
To:        Mikle <nekoexmachina@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CyberShot DSC-S40 and FreeBSD

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Mikle <nekoexmachina@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 02:48:11AM +0400, Mikle wrote:
[...]
> Disregard that, it was pretty strange umass problem: i had forcibly unplu=
gged my flash card (forgot to umount it), and after that no new usb devices=
 have been detected. (could anyone reproduce it? I'm running pretty-recent =
8-STABLE, update was about couple of weeks ago)

> Now, dmesg tells me:
> da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus0 target 0 lun 0
> da0: <Sony Sony DSC 6.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device

[...]

Maybe it's not related but if you are running Gnome, try disabling HAL
and then see if you can mount it.

See this thread  "xptioctl pass driver usb scsi driver problem (solved)"

Best,
Alejandro Imass