Date:      08 Feb 1999 19:22:48 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd() in realloc: junk pointer too low..

Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com> writes:
> On the subject of Re: inetd() in realloc: junk pointer too low.., Dag-Erling
> Smorgrav stated:
> > BTW, what you're running is an old snapshot of the development branch of
> > FreeBSD. This means, succintly:
> What kind of crack are you on?  Last I checked releases were *RELEASES*
> granted, 3.0 was a new release, expected to have some bugs, but a release
> nontheless.  By no means a snapshot release.

3.0 is a development release. It is not meant for deployment on
production systems.

>    d) Your selfrightousness is uncalled for, and uneeded.  Im sure it makes
> you feel big and important to point out the obvious things about snapshot
> release along current, but really now, does it really add anything to the
> discussion?  No.

Yes it does. You seem to suffer from the illusion that FreeBSD 3.0 is
a production release. It is not. Do not run it on production systems.
Do not run it at all unless you subscribe to freebsd-current and are
prepared to do some debugging.

If you're still not convinced, go read the annoncement and release
notes for yourself: <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.0R/>;

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no