Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:15:37 +1000
From:      "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        "Alan Batie" <alan@batie.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Difficulty installing Release-4.1 from boot floppies

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe my problem is hardware capability related.   I have tried formating
the HDD  I have swaped HDD, I even tried booting from a release4.0 floppy to
no avail.  I know the floppies are ok (I think) because I used them on
another compaq machine flawlessly as well.  I have removed network cards
changed cables etc and yet it still wants to pass over the kernel config and
go straight to the /stand/sysinstall screen with no keyboard support

I will create a new set of boot floppies and change the FDD

regards

Tim