Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:33:30 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox OpenSolaris guest

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr> wrote:

> Does anybody know how to correct the audio driver problem of the
> opensolaris guest?
> The internet advice to run
> pfexec update_drv -a -i '"pci8086,2415"' audio810
>
> is better than nothing, but the audio quality is absolutely miserable.
> It is clearly not the required audio driver.
> Therefore the flashplayer, i.e. the ***only reason*** why I've installed
> the opensolaris guest (following the advice of C. P. Ghost <
> cpghost@cordula.ws>
> on the questions list), is useless:-(

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html  -- No need for
that run around.  Flash at least mostly works on FreeBSD.  Has some stall
issues but flashblock takes care of most of that issue. Works that way for
me across multiple installs and versions of FreeBSD(7 & 8).  FreeBSD 7
requires a bit more work with the linuxulator.

(while waiting for gnash)

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

--
Adam Vande More