Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 96 10:37:45 MDT
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        Unixman@IBM.NET (Raymond Dobbs)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware Question - Compatibility

> To Whom It May Concern;
>         I am interested in using FreeBSD as an operating system.  But I
> use a
> Western Digital WD7197 SCSI controller card for PCI bus.  It includes a
> driver for SCO Unix.  I was wondering, if FreeBSD has no native support
> for
> this card, can I use the SCO version driver?

Well, it looks like you're in luck, and that the board is supported.
To answer your other question anyway: no, there's no way you an use an
SCO driver under FreeBSD.  The same applies to any other driver you
can get in object form.

Greg Lehey                       LEMIS
grog@lemis.de			 Schellnhausen 2
Tel: +49-6637-919123		 36325 Feldatal